Using the color picker
Capital Electra X's color picker contains an extensive palette of colors to ensure you get to create beautiful diagrams easily. In addition, it contains many recently used colors that reduces your work and yet offers powerful tools to set and configure both colors and gradients.
Single click to set most recent color
To improve productivity, Capital Electra X's font color, stroke color and fill color contains the most recently used color. A single click on the icon, will set your shapes to this most recent color.
Clicking on the drop down icon to the right, will show the color picker.
Setting text stroke color
To set text stroke color:
- Click text block tool icon
- Select text you wanted to modify
- Click on the line color icon, and select a color
Setting background color on the text
To set backgound color on the text:
- Click on a shape, then on the text block tool
- Click on the fill color icon, and select a color
Using default colors
To set default colors:
- Click on anywhere on the drawing and ensure no shape is selected
- Click on font, fill or stroke color and select a color
Once a default color is set, newly created shapes will assume the default colors, and these default colors will be saved across devices.
Setting colors quickly
A single click on any colors on the color picker will set your shapes to the intended color.
To set custom colors, or customize your gradients, click on the More > button.
See also: Designing Capital Electra X's color palette
Anatomy of Capital Electra X's Color Palette
To customize a color:
- Click on the More > button
- Click on a color, and use text input or sliders
Add more stops to a gradient
To add more stops:
- Click on any position of the Stops slider
Remove a stop from gradient
To remove a stop:
- Select a stop
- Click on the x button
Saving customized gradients
To save a gradient:
- Drag and drop the gradient icon to the left
Resetting saved gradients
- Click and select a saved gradient, then click the reset icon
Using colors and gradients across multiple devices
Recent colors and saved gradients you made on your color picker will automatically be saved, so you can use the same colors across multiple devices.
Using the color palette
To access color palette:
- Click the palette icon
- Use the pointer or the slider to choose color