Generating and exporting reports
Most reports can be generated inside a drawing and exported as tab separated values (.tsv). To generate a report inside a drawing, simply drag and drop a report symbol from the Report stencil, then right click and select Generate.
Report symbols can be resized by dragging on their handles and when a report is generated, Electra automatically create additional report symbols if the content overflows a single symbol. Columns in report symbols can be resized by clicking on the report symbol, then on any column, and dragging on the handles. Some columns may contain options to hide a column, simply right click on a column when it is selected, and choose Hide Column.
Cross reference report
The cross reference report list all references, descriptions, symbol master and their locations.
Material reference report
The material reference report list all references, grouping, component information and descriptions.
When exporting Material Reference, the Reference tab will be shown. By default, all references will be exported. Users can click on the references selectively, to export a smaller set of references. Export a smaller set of references for editing in a .tsv file.
Importing material reference
To import a material reference report into a drawing:
- First, export a material reference report.
- The report MUST be exported with ALL fields for it to be successfully used as an import file.
- After report generation, add in rows of components by following the format in the report, delete or modify component information as required, then save the report.
- Then click on menu Import Reports | Material reference report and select the file to be imported (.tsv, .csv, .json)* Then click the import button.
The ability to import material reference report allows users to edit component information in batches, where these information can be easily copied from manufacturer's website and pasted into the exported report. Once editing is complete, all these component information including dimensions can be easily imported back into a drawing.
Bill of materials report
The Bill of Materials report list all components used in a schematic, including component information, subtotals and totals. The custom descriptions of Terminal blocks, Cable ducts and Din rails will be shown along with their dimensions (Width x Height).
Cable reference report
The cable reference report list all cables used on a drawing, including cable information, core name, wire name and their locations.
Connections (From/To) report
The connections report list all wires in your schematics, their location, cable information and their connections, including exactly which symbol the wire is connected to, their references, location and pin names.
Cable bill of materials report
The Cable Bill of Materials report list all cables used in a schematic, including cable information, subtotals and totals.
To export reports:
- Click on menu Export Report, then select the report to be exported.
Exporting bill of materials report to OpenBom
To export bill of material report to OpenBom:
- Click on menu Export Report, then select Bill of materials (BOM) report
- Check Export to OpenBom options
- Sign in OpenBom in Electra Cloud
- Click on OK button to export the report to OpenBOM
- View the exported report in OpenBom
Exporting component database
In Electra, users can click on Manage Database then select Component database and be able to add, edit and delete component information from the database.
To edit component information in batches, click Export to export data for editing, before importing back into Electra.
To export the component database:
- Click on Manage Databases and select Component Database then click Export
Importing component database
After editing exported component database information, these information can then be imported back into Electra.
To import component database:
- Click on Manage Databases and select Component Database then click Import
- Choose the source file to import from (.tsv, .csv, .json)
Exporting cable database
In Electra, users can click on Manage Databases then select Cable database and be able to add, edit and delete cable information from the database.
To edit cable information in batches, use Export to export data for editing, before importing back into Electra.
To export the cable database:
- Click on Manage Databases | Cable database then click Export
Importing cable database
After editing exported cable database information, these information can then be imported back into Electra.
To import cable database:
- Click on Manage Database | Cable database then click Import
- Select the source file to import from (.tsv, .csv, .json).
Exporting symbols on drawing
Schematic symbols on drawings can be exported so that their references, descriptions and pin names can be edited in batches before being imported back into drawings.
To export symbols on drawing:
- Click on Export Reports and select Symbols on drawing.
Importing symbols on drawing
After editing the information details for symbols on drawings, these information can be then imported back into a drawing.
To import symbols on drawing:
- Click on Import Reports then select Symbols on drawing.
- Choose a source file then click Import
Export wires on drawing
Wire names on drawings can be exported so that their names can be edited in batches before being imported back into drawings.
To export wires on drawing:
- Click on Export Reports and select Wires on drawing.
Import wires on drawing
After editing wire names on drawings in a spreadsheet, these information can then be imported back into a drawing.
To import wires on drawing:
- Click on Import Reports select Wires on drawing.
- Choose a source file then click Import
Generating Table of Contents
To use Table of Contents:
- Users must use the "Title" Automatic Text block from the Title Block stencil.
- Insert the "Title" Automatic text into your Title Block and create your own title block, or use a title block supplied by Electra.
- Drag and drop title blocks on all pages in your drawing.
- Drop Table of Contents (TOC) report from the Reports stencil onto your drawings.
- Right click and select "Generate TOC" and Electra will automatically scan every page to create a Table of Contents.