Creating your own title blocks
The anatomy of a title block
A title block can consist of the following:
Title block creation process
To create your own title block:
- Insert title block zones onto a blank page.
- Insert static text and static graphics.
- Insert automatic text.
- Insert user data (page or document scope).
- Select and group all shapes together.
- Select all and click menu Title Blocks | Create Title Block.
- Type in a name and a prompt for your title block and click OK.
Inserting title block zones
The title block zones automatically setup and divide your page into location zones based on your settings in File | Preferences | Electra Options.
By dropping the title block zones onto your drawing, together with other title block shapes, you can create your own custom title block.
Inserting static text and graphics
Use drawing and text tools to create graphics and text or import an image. If necessary, group them and place them in the desired location on your title block.
Inserting automatic text
Electra provides a host of automatic shapes including pages, scales and editing dates that can be placed on your title blocks. Just drag and drop them onto your drawing from the Title Block stencil. Right click on them for more options and place them at your desired position.
Creating and inserting user data
To create User Data:
- Draw a box and select it.
- Click menu Title Blocks | Insert Title Block Data.
- Type in a name for your User Data, e.g. Project or Page Author.
- Type in the default value for the User Data.
- Select Document scope for data that applies throughout the document or Page scope for data that applies for current page only.
The User Data rectangle is now ready to be used on your custom title block. Drag the handles of the rectangle to position and resize your user data.
The create title block window
After selecting all shapes that make up your custom title block, group them together, the click on menu Title Blocks | Create Title Block. Type in a name and prompt for your custom title block, and click ok. Your new custom title block will now be saved and stored in a stencil of your choosing, ready to be used.
Using a custom title block
To use your custom title block:
- Drag and drop your custom title block from stencil onto your drawing.
Your custom title block will automatically center on your drawing.
To edit and modify title blocks:
- Right click on the title block and select Edit Title Block.
Editing the title block icon
An icon will be generated automatically when the title block is added to a stencil. Right click on the title block in the stencil and select Edit Icon to modify icons.
Exporting title block data
To export your title block data:
- Click menu Title Blocks | Export title block data.
You can choose your desired export file format in Preferences dialog under Electra Options | Export format.
Importing title block data
To import your title block data:
- Click menu Title Blocks | Import title block data.
Fit the title block to page margin
To fit the title block to page margin.
- Set the page margin section on the Page Setup.
- Drop the Zones from Title block stencil into the page and it will fit automatically.