Page scale and measurement units
Pages on a new Capital Electra X drawing template are set at 1:1 scale and measurement units are set at inches. These page settings are optimized for schematic drawings. To prepare a page for panel layout drawings:
- Right click on a page tab and insert a page.
- On the Page Setup dialog, select the Page Properties tab.
- On the measurement units drop down, select millimeters.
- On the Page Setup dialog, select the Drawing Scale tab.
- Click on the custom scale radio button.
- Type in your custom scale (Recommended: 1:5 for smaller panels and 1:10 for bigger panels).
Base plate, cable ducts and rails
During panel layout, one of the first thing is normally placing base plates, cable rails and cable ducts. Select the required layout shapes from the layout stencil, and drop them onto your drawings. All shapes in the layout stencil have automatic dimensions that you can select to show or hide.
Generating panel layout
To generate panel layout, click on menu Capital Electra X | Generate Layout.
When the Generate All button is pressed, Capital Electra X will automatically synchronize your panel layout to your schematics. For example, you may have added or deleted some symbols on your schematics, and Generate Layout will insert or delete components accordingly. If you have changed the references of your schematics, Generate Layout will also automatically reflect this change.
Using guides to place layout shapes
Once you have created a guide, drag your layout shapes to the guide and attach it to the guide (shape handles will turn red). When you move a guide, all shapes that are attached to the guide will automatically move and follow the guide.
Using 3D layout shapes
To use the Layout 3D shapes, click on the Stencil menu, and open the stencil Layout3D.
Making your own layout shapes
To make your own layout shape:
- Draw your own shape, import CAD files into drawing or use a picture of the component.
- Select your required shapes and group them.
- Click on menu Capital Electra X | Create Layout Shape and type in a name and description.