Create, Store and Manage Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides in Electra Cloud
We are now part of Siemens’ family. Electra Cloud is now Capital Electra X and Electra E9 is now Capital Electra 2210.
Google is undeniably a big part of our lives. It's not uncommon for electrical engineers and their companies to rely on Google Drive for workflow management and projects.
With numerous files and documentations stored separately, it becomes harder and harder to locate the necessary files. Engineers are then required to spend more time to manually look for different files for their projects. Imagine the time and productivity loss and how tiring it is.
Why is Google integration important?
- Save time, when everything is in one place on Electra's dashboard.
- Find and access all your stored files at your fingertips.
- Easily edit any documents stored in Electra Cloud and Google Drive, without having to replace the document with the latest version manually.
- Good for managing workflow and collaboration. Locate the most recent and updated version all in one place.
Google Integration with Electra Cloud
- Go to Integrations and click Add Google Drive
- Add your Google account
- After integration, you can now create new Google Docs, Google Sheets or Google Slides.
When a file is created, it will be synced to Google Drive instantly, meaning you'll be able to locate the files on both your Electra Cloud dashboard or Google Drive.
When changing the title of your file on either Electra Cloud dashboard or Google Drive, the title will be saved and synced on both ends automatically.
- Each Google document displayed in Electra will have a Google Docs, Sheet or Slides logo at the right bottom to indicate a Google document for easy reference.
- You can even store your files in a folder on your dashboard. Create a folder to better manage workflows that suit your needs and requirements.
At Siemens Industry Software Sdn. Bhd., we are committed to improving Electra to provide you with better software. We sincerely hope that this new integration can be of great help.
Thanks for taking your time in reading this blog post. Please let us know should you've any questions or feedback at all. Just drop us an email at [email protected].
Till next time.